Service Coordination for People with Developmental Disabilities (SCS) is the initial contact for individuals who have a developmental disability or autism in the Ottawa region. We help people find available resources in the community that are needed to assist them in their daily lives. One of our important goals is to empower families/individuals to make informed choices about the supports they seek.
SCS supports people with developmental disabilities and children with autism in finding available resources and planning for the future of their choice.
People we support belong and are empowered.
- Advocacy – We believe in acting on behalf of the persons we serve for the development of services in the community.
- Empowerment – We believe in the potential of individuals to achieve their goals and build their support networks.
- Partnerships – We believe in collaborating with individuals, families and the community to develop relationships to achieve our vision.
- Equity – We believe in fair opportunities to access supports and services in our community.
- Transparency – We believe in acting in an open and transparent manner.
- Diversity – We believe in sensitivity to and respect for the differences and cultural needs within our community.