Celebrating Disability Employment Awareness Month, Launching “Just Enough Support” and more…
TAC Bulletin – Issue Number 230 – October 2018
Adult Newsletter – October 2018
In partnership with Samsung, Autism Spectrum Canada is donating 500 tablets as part of the Learn the Love Spectrum.
Application portal is open now until October 31, 2018.
This full day event brings together individuals living with OCD, their supporters, and
mental health professionals in a supportive, collaborative, and interactive environment.
Best Practices in Treatment of OCD – Changing Minds Conference – November 3, 2018
ARCH Disability Law, an association of lawyers and self advocates in Toronto, publishes a quarterly newsletter that covers many topics of interest to our community.
INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
– Back to School Tips – Education Advocacy
– Updated Human Rights Commission Policy on Accessible Education
– Library Corner
– Accessible Canada Act Passes Second Reading, Now Before HUMA
– Provincial Schools for the Deaf Class Action – Important Update
– International Day of Persons with Disabilities – Save the Date!
– Review of Disability Tax Credit and Registered Disability Savings Plan
Ability Through Music is a new and unique music academy, providing both group and private lessons mainly to children and adults living with physical and developmental disabilities.
There will be an info session on October 15 at 7pm at The Oasis in Kanata for caregivers supporting individuals with mental health. Juliet Haynes, Regional Family Support Program Coordinator for The Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, will explain how the Pyramid of Care framework supports family caregivers by providing services appropriate to their needs as they care for a loved one diagnosed with a mental illness.