To learn more, please see the Winter 2018 Webcast Schedule
For more information, please click here.
- Simple Home Fixes to Ease Parenting with Disabilities
- The Survival Guide for Kids with Physical Disabilities & Challenges
- Parenting with Disabilities: A Guide to Necessary Home Modifications
- How Financial Aid for Students with Disabilities Works
- The Guide To Keeping Your Home Through Debilitating Disease
- Long-term Disability vs. Short-term Disability Explained
- Understanding Disability Insurance
- Understanding Dyslexia and How to Help Children Who Have It
- The Importance of Self-Esteem for Kids With Learning and Attention Issues
- Parenting Tips for ADHD: Do’s and Don’ts
- How to Create an Autism-Friendly Environment for Kids
- How to Discuss Puberty with Your Child Who Has Special Needs
- Creating the Optimal Environment for a Kid with ADHD
- Teens with ADHD: Recognizing Signs of Depression
- Teaching the Person with Autism How to Drive
- Coping With Stress: A Guide For Struggling Parents
For more information about programs, mindfulness classes, introductory meditation and yoga course for parents/children please Click here.
New Program! Girls in the Spectrum Ottawa Drop-in
Name: Girls on the Spectrum Ottawa Drop-in
Location: Orleans United Church, 1111 Orleans Blvd, Orleans, Lounge Room
Date: Sunday’s starting October 15th from 1-3 p.m.
Description: A space for girls of all ages on the Autism Spectrum and their parents to come and socialize and have fun in a safe environment.
– Activities and socialization for girls
– Peer support for parents
– Sharing of resources
– Guest speakers
Please note – this is a not for profit program and is not a clinical type program. Organizers are parents of girls with Autism and parents are expected to attend with their daughters.
Cost: $5 drop in fee (per child), or pay what you can to cover costs of activity materials and coffee, tea, juice and snacks
Click here to learn more about this unique opportunity that L’Arche Ottawa is leading.
The Seniors at L’Arche Ottawa will be hosting a NEW Seniors Drumming Circle for seniors of all abilities and all drumming levels.
L’Arche Ottawa offers a seniors social club that provide activities and supports seniors with developmental disabilities so they can continue to be active contributing citizens while aging with dignity and grace.
- L’Arche Ottawa Community Center
- 11 Rossland Avenue
- K2G 2K2
- Accessible ramp at the back of the building.
When: Starting September 8th, 2017
- September to March 2018 and maybe longer.
- It will gather twice monthly On 2nd & 4th Fridays 10-11:30
Cost: It is FREE to participate but people must register to reserve their place as space is limited.
The Seniors Drumming Circle is facilitated by a professional drum instructor.
There will be Coffee & Tea for early arrivals.
This is a bilingual French English group.
Drums and instruments will be provided.
Feel free to bring your own drums if wanted.
Those requiring support will need to come with support.
We will have some volunteers.
For registration contact:
613-228-7136 ex 28
Click here to take the 15 minute survey from the Ministry of Community and Social Services: Service Providers & Developmental Services Case Management in Ontario.
Click here to read the article.