Horizon Educational Consulting strives to empower parents in decision making to achieve short and long term educational goals for their children, helping them move forward with objectives to achieve success on their journey of learning.
Prism Options is inviting you to register for their MOVE TO THE BEAT Fall program.
Information from over 40 specialized camps including residential camps available. Sunday March 8, 2020
Paint Therapy – Create Art and bring awareness to Mental Health
- Autistic Home Decorating: Make Your Home Autism Friendly
- How to Help Your Child with Autism Cope During and After a Move
- 12 Ways to Prevent, and Respond to, ASD Wandering
- How to Help Your Child with ASD Overcome Her Fear of the Dentist and Establish Lifelong Healthy Oral Hygiene Habits
- 10 Tips for Getting Your Autistic Child Through a Haircut
- The Top 3 Challenges to Finding a Babysitter for Your Special Needs Child — and How to Overcome Them
- The Best Strategies for Calming Autistic Tantrums and Meltdowns
- Do Sensory Processing Issues Get Better Over Time?
There are times we ignore behavior we don’t want, while attending to behavior we do
want. See Helpful Behavior Guide for tips.
Challenges and Resources During Transition adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) to Adulthood
Many young adults with autism spectrum disorder experience poor transition outcomes in key areas, including postsecondary employment, higher education, health care, social connectedness, and independent living, yet we lack a clear understanding of the specific factors that impact these outcomes.
We reviewed qualitative research in which the perspectives of youth and young adults with autism spectrum disorder, parents, services providers, and other stakeholders were gathered to identify barriers and facilitators to optimal outcomes, check for more information of professional services of homecare for seniors. Findings revealed that poor transition outcomes are influenced by several factors, including poor person-environment fit, uncertainty about the roles of parents, and the lack of comprehensive or integrated services. Click here to learn about our home care advantages.
In this scoping review, we synthesized original qualitative research studies aimed at describing the transition experiences of youth and young adults with ASD. The scoping review is a useful approach to mapping research evidence about a broad or emerging topic area.
The events are specifically for students with ASD who are planning to attend Algonquin College in the fall of 2019. There is also one event tailored for these students’ parents or supportive family members.